NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Friday, June 18, 2010

TARA Project

It was with great sadness that the TARA project was finishing their time here. Yes, the house is almost done, but we have grown to love all of the Irish who have worked so very hard to build this home for the children. Due to the weather, the Sidai kids may not be able to move in for a few weeks...The walls are still bleeding water, and its very damp inside. The children will get very sick. The cement has to be completely dry, alas, they have an amazing home to move into, that's safe, and has food.

Paddy O'Connor is the founder of TARA, and is someone who I want to partner with for future projects. He has helped me so much...with connections, getting supplies,letting me use his own volunteers...and all of the emotional support, I can't thank him enough. We have run things by each other, and discussed the project for next year...A school for the orphanages in the area to all go to! (I have plans for 2011...to all my friends who want to come, get ready to work hard, and fall in love with Kenya...and Ireland!)

Thank you Paddy, for everything...I aspire to run KH as you do TARA.
You told me your life is better to have me in it...I feel the same way!
Love to your family, safe journey home.
Please tell your lovely daughter...she is an amzing girl!
Love from Sidai

No comments:

Post a Comment