NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Frustration

It's so hard sometimes...there is so much to be done, everything takes so long as we do it all by hand, and there are so many more things to do...but I am out of funds, and out of time. If only I could stay longer to know that the kids are moved in...but the walls are still wet and they will get cholera..if only I could watch the first egg being collected, but the chickens will not be there until they move in, and that will be 2-4 weeks, and I will be gone. I can't see the first bean picked or corn eaten...because I won't be here...it hurts my heart. I am reminded by PJ everyday that I am working hard, and I should be so proud of myself...and I love him for that...but I hit a wall..and my heart hurts...I want to stay longer ro see the first of everything...but I can't. Alas, I have to stay positive...when I do come back...I can see it all up and running well...I know...and plans for 2011 are for the school, and that's so amazing...I just wish I could stay....

2 comments:

  1. hello nancy its mick sounds like you've been doin amazing work over there cant wait to see the place nxt year and hopefully we'll see you there too :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so proud of you Nancy. We also can't believe all that you've accomplished in such a short time! The kids are so lucky to have you. xoxo A,K & E

    ReplyDelete