NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Simple Pleasures

It's hard to believe that girls can't go to school when they have their monthly cycle. It's so true here. It's sad, yet reality....and it's amazing that a girl would cry, and say "Praise Jesus", when given the products they need.

It's also incredible when the workers are wearing broken boots and no socks...so you buy socks, and it's like giving them money.

Everyone is so thankful, for things we think nothing of. Even when a sip of water is pured into the mouth of someone who has been working for hours and hours without any...simple pleasures.

The reality is, I will go home to have all of these pleasures. I have been coming to Africa since 2005 with many projects...and I go home to those pleasures...but never a day passes that I do not think about the water I am using to wash with. The water I can drink, or the socks I can wear, and remember the beautiful people here, who don't get to have these things...

Just for a moment after you read thins...or after your shower, or getting dressed...pause and sent your love to Africa, not for me, but for simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment