NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Monday, June 28, 2010

Long Hard Goodbye

These are the days that are hard for me...the last days leading up to a long, hard goodbye. I came here on a mission, with the help of all of you who supported Kenya Help...The projects are done, they are up and ready to go. The children are thrilled to be moving into the new house soon, with crops growing and chickens to give eggs. Amazing...but also so sad for me. If I had more, I could do more. If I had more time I would stay...but the job is done, there is nothing else I can do...for now. I plan on coming back next June, to do so much more. It's a bitter sweet day...I am saying goodbye to the children soon, yet so happy with the amazing work you have all supported this year.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.I could not have done near this much work without you. From buying timber, tools and fencing, to crops, a playground and water...and everything in between...you all should feel very proud of what you have done for these children, YOU have changed thier lives...all of you!
Thank you so very much for helping my kids!
Asante Sana

1 comment:

  1. So sad that your time is coming to a close. I see you cant get away from "Paddy's" no matter where you go. Glad that your projects were successful and you have made the kids lives easier. We love you here in Canada, more than you know, and cant wait to help you raise money and things the kids can use. Have fun at your next stop, and safe trip home.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOOOXOXO

    ReplyDelete