NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Back Home Safely

HI EVERYONE!
Day One
We made it safely after 2 days of travel! Landing at 6:30 am...and straight to work...perfect! We had Paddy pick us up and then went to the site of the new Sidai home. I can't even describe how I was feeling other than saying my heart was bursting out of my chest and of course...I cried! Its huge, its beautiful, the scenery is stunning and the kids are going to be so happy, and so safe there! We sussed out the area for the chicken coop and I start building Monday. The neighbors did not know where the land line was seperating the lots...and planted beans and corn on some of the property...soooo...I am going to pay her for the crops planted and that way they are already in and growing. They are about 6 inces high already! PERFECT! SO it will be great to see it grow while here! The goats we will figure out after the pens are in...to see what land is left. I have a back up plan if the goats are not an option...getting beds made for the children. There are 2 per bed, so I can use the goat money for that as well...we shall see. After leaving the new site we went home to see my family. IT WAS SO GREAT!!!!! I was so happy to see them all. Mama Millicent was at the Tanzanian border for the night to pick melons to sell at the market, so I did miss her on my first night...but could not have asked for anything more. Antony and Moshills, sons of Lucy who take care of the kids, were so happy to see me...they kept saying"You promised to come back...and you did"...of course I did!
(I can't wait for you all to see the footage, PJ is doing a fabulous job!)

No comments:

Post a Comment