NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Friday, June 18, 2010

Need VS Want

I awoke the other morning before my alarm...we are up at 6:30...and head to the site until 5:30.

My back was aching so much from leveling the land I could barely roll over. I looked at my hands, blistered, cut, swollen...I felt the burn on my back where I missed with the 50 sunblock, and my skin turned purple with burn, my hair unwashed for 9 days, my skin never truly clean from washing in a bucket...My first thought...I want a massage so badly, I want to sit in a hot tub, I want a manicure to get the dirt from under my nails...

Then I rose from bed, looked out the window and remembered where I was and what I was doing...
No matter the pain or burn or little sleep...I NEED NOTHING!
I WANT nothing but to be here and change the lives of these children.
I NEED to be here, I WANT to be here, I AM! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment