NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Friend, to film maker, to family

This is the first time I have done one of my African projects with a friend, who happens to be here to film my story of the Sidai children...PJ was always interested to hear my tales of Africa, and always had great questions. When it was decided he would be the one to film the story, I was excited that I had someone I knew here. He has worked hard beside me, after filming what he needed, and he has supported me when I needed it the most...when I cried in the bathroom that I couldn't do enough, he was knocking to see if I was ok. When I was counting funds to see how far I could push the envelope, he had his hand on my shoulder, and when I when I woke the morning of my 39th Birthday, he was there to show me the footage he secretly took of the children singing Happy Birthday!!!!...he is my family now...stuck with me! LOL

We spent the morning on a tour of KIBERA SLUMS...800,00 people in the slums...one of the biggest in all of Africa. Incredible...what a contrast to sitting in a cyber cafe now, reading Bday wishes and letters of encouragement....

Tonight we will make a Canadian dinner for the family...no rice and beans tonight and we are excited.
We are happy, working hard, and learning alot...did you know that chickens are really particular about thier beds and have to be vaccinated by a vet, the funds go fast, but we are getting sooo much done.

Be proud of Kenya Help..you are the project!
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, this post made me cry! PJ is my brother and I always knew how special he was. This post only confirmed it! :) Kudos to you on all the hard work you are doing. I've been following your Kenya Help journey from afar.

    ReplyDelete