NANCY STEVENS - BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A BETTER FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN KENYA

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So much more

Teachers to pay, cooks to pay, beds to be made as there are more and more kids....so mush more...

We toured another orphanage today...TUNZA...so beautiful. Paddy O'Connor and his team from Ireland built them a new place last year and the structure with the board, the social worker, the nurse...AMAZING....

A 4 week old baby was left there the other day. A little boy. I was holding him, and looking at him sleep in my arms...wondering about the mother. How desperate she must ahve been to drop him off. How her heart must have been broken. I fed him a bottle with his tiny black fingers wrapped around mine, wanting to bring him home...knowing one day I will...it may not be him...but one day I will taken the anguish from a mother and be one for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment